The Humane Society is always looking for people who would like to donate their time. Good volunteers are a value to any non-profit organization. There are many things you can do to help. Some things that anyone can do to help are exercising and socializing with the pets that are up for adoption, being a part of events outside of the shelter, or working at a fund-raising event or roadblock.We are always looking for new and exciting fund-raiser ideas.
We have a desperate need for foster homes to save more lives by opening up space, join us in our mission! Please contact the shelter if you are interested or if you would like some more information @ 256-442-1347 x222.
Thank you for your support!
Reasons to Foster
- It removes animals from the shelter environment and gives them a happy home to live In (and be trained) while they await their forever home.
- It gives the foster parent the benefits of having a pet without the long-term commitment (or gives their pet a playmate).
- It allows the foster family to learn the animal’s personality so they can help the forever family determine whether It’s a good fit for them (animals don’t behave quite like themselves in shelters).
- It allows the foster family to screen applicants and ensure that the pet is going to a good home.
- If you plan to adopt a dog or cat In the future, it gives the foster parent incredible insight into what they do or don’t want In their own pet.